Pilates for Beginners:
Core Pilates Exercises and Easy Sequences to Practice at Home
Pilates for Beginners is the new kick-start guide for building an at-home Pilates practice with step-by-step guidance and easy sequences.
No matter your fitness level—whether you’re in great shape or have never set foot in a gym—learning to do Pilates means going back to the basics. Teaching you core Pilates exercises and easy sequences, Pilates for Beginners is the ultimate starter guide to confidently practice Pilates at home.
From your first time on the mat to finishing a complete sequence, Pilates for Beginners develops your Pilates regimen with a progressive, easy-to-follow program. Complete with clear instructions, photographs, and tips to do the exercises right, Pilates for Beginners is your go-to reference to keep your body supple and mobile and add more life to your years.
Pilates for Beginners gives you the information and guidance you need to make Pilates part of your daily routine with:
- Pilates 101 explains the philosophy and guiding principles of Pilates—Centering, Concentration, Control, Precision, Breath, and Flow—to incorporate into workouts.
- 50 easy-to-follow exercises that include warm-ups, cooldowns, and bonus strengthening exercises, with photographs, checklists, and tips to help guide you.
- Progressive sequences lay a strong foundation for body awareness in the introductory program and builds strength, spinal mobility, flexibility, and control from Level 1 to Level 2.
Pilates is a source of lifelong energy, strength, and flexibility for both your mind and body. Start building your practice and feel the difference with step-by-step guidance and exercises from Pilates for Beginners.
Girl, Wash Your Face:
Stop Believing the Lies About Who You Are So You Can Become Who You Were Meant to Be
#1 NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER
Do you ever suspect that everyone else has life figured out and you don’t have a clue? If so, Rachel Hollis has something to tell you: that’s a lie.
If you have ever said any of these things to yourself . . .
- Something else will make me happy.
- I’m not a good mom.
- I will never get past this.
- I am defined by my weight.
- I should be further along by now.
. . . then you could benefit from the unflinching faith and rock-hard tenacity Rachel Hollis has in store for you. In this challenging but conversational book, Rachel exposes the twenty lies and misconceptions that too often hold us back from living joyfully and productively, lies we’ve told ourselves so often we don’t even hear them anymore.
Rachel is real and talks about real issues. More than that, she reveals the specific practical strategies that helped her move past them. In the process, she encourages, entertains, and even kicks a little butt, all to convince you to do whatever it takes to get real and become the joyous, confident woman you were meant to be. Because you really can live with passion and hustle – and give yourself grace without giving up.