The Body Fat Breakthrough:
Tap the Muscle-Building Power of Negative Training and Lose Up to 30 Pounds
Anyone who desperately wants to lose 10 to 50 or more pounds but just can’t find the time to exercise three or four times a week will love The Body Fat Breakthrough. It requires just one or two 20-minute resistance-training workouts using negative (or eccentric) training, the little-known weight-lifting technique that shrinks fat cells and triggers fast muscle growth. Legendary fitness researcher Ellington Darden, Ph.D., put 118 overweight men and women on this workout program and achieved remarkable results, which are illustrated in the book through 35 inspiring before and after photographs. Some test subjects lost 30, 40, or even more than 50 pounds in as many days and transformed their bodies and their health.
Negative training is just one of 10 Fat Bombs demonstrated in the book. Others include:
• A unique meal plan in which the bulk of calories comes from carbohydrates (50% carbs;
25% protein; 25% fat), offering readers an appealing new way to lose weight without sacrifice
• Drinking a gallon of cold water a day to stay full and burn calories through thermogenesis
• Evening after-dinner walks to accelerate body heat, triggering increased fat loss Dr. Darden’s Breakthrough program sheds pounds fast while building and toning muscle in just 6 weeks.
The Acid-Alkaline Diet for Optimum Health:
Restore Your Health by Creating pH Balance in Your Diet
With more than 50,000 first-edition copies sold, this expanded second edition provides the latest information on restoring your body’s acid-alkaline balance
• Discusses the role of enzyme supplements, prebiotic and probiotic complexes, and antioxidants in neutralizing and eliminating acids
• Addresses the relationship of proper hydration to essential enzyme activity and acid elimination
• Outlines a sample alkaline detoxification diet
Most people consume an abundance of highly processed foods that acidify the body. As a result, they are afflicted with health problems ranging from minor skin irritations, chronic fatigue, back pain, and depression to arthritis, ulcers, and osteoporosis. To enjoy optimum health, the body needs balanced quantities of alkaline and acid substances. In The Acid-Alkaline Diet for Optimum Health, naturopath and detoxification expert Christopher Vasey shows how a simple change in diet to restore your acid-alkaline balance can result in vast improvements in health.
With two new chapters, this updated and expanded second edition provides the latest information on proper hydration and deacidification, important alkalizing supplements, and how to eliminate the body’s accumulated acids through intestinal cleansing. It also includes a new, detailed example of an alkaline detoxifying diet. Rather than organizing alkaline and acid foods based on their chemical composition, Vasey categorizes foods by their effect on the body, explaining that some foods, such as fruits, can have either an alkalizing or an acidifying effect, depending on who eats them. He describes how to determine your acid levels and how to design a diet best suited for your particular health needs.