The Wonder Weeks: How to Stimulate Your Baby’s Mental Development and Help Him Turn His 10 Predictable, Great, Fussy Phases Into Magical Leaps Forward
The Weeks of Wonder. How to stimulate your baby’s mental development and assist him in transitioning from his ten predictable, wonderful, fussy phases to magical leaps forward describes in simple terms the incredible developmental changes that all infants undergo during their first twenty months of life. This is the expanded, “fat” edition, which includes two additional chapters covering two additional leaps in your baby’s mental development up to the end of the sensorimotor period.
The book is based on the discovery of a little-known phenomenon: at nearly the same age, all normal, healthy babies appear to be more tearful, troublesome, demanding, and clingy.
These age-related fluctuations in the need for physical contact and attention are associated with significant and quite dramatic changes in the children’s brains. These changes enable a baby to enter a completely new world of perception and, as a result, acquire a plethora of new skills. This should be cause for celebration, but to the baby, these changes are perplexing. He’s taken aback by how quickly everything has changed. It’s as if he’s awoken on an alien world.
The book contains the following:
– A week-by-week guide to your baby’s development
– A description of the indicators of cranky, clingy, and crying behavior (the three C’s) and how to deal with them
– A description of the world from your baby’s perspective and how you can comprehend the changes he is experiencing
– Engage your child in enjoyable games and gentle activities
The book provides parents with the following:
– Assistance in times of need
– Assist them in comprehending their infant
– Suggestions on how to assist their infant in playing and learning
– A one-of-a-kind account of their infant’s development